- There are two different types of camels, dromedary
and Bactrian. The dromedary camel has a single hump,
while the Bactrian camel has two humps.
- Camels can survive for months without water in dry,
- When a camel does drink water, it can drink up to
27 gallons in only a few minutes.
- A camelís foot has two hoofed toes, linked together
by skin, which prevents the camel from sinking into
- Camels can travel over 19 miles a day.
- Camels have three sets of eyelids to protect them
- Camels can keep sand out of their nose by closing
- Camels can grow up to 8 feet in height (to the shoulder).
- Camels can live for up to 50 years.
- The male camel has an extra piece of skin in itís
mouth. To frighten or impress another camel, he can
fill the skin with air, like a balloon.
- Camels are easily annoyed. They will bite, kick
,or spit when angry.
About the Author
Jacob Maddox manages content for Wildlife Animals http://www.wildlife-animals.com
an educational wildlife and animal website. Jacob also
guest writes for Dog Pound http://www.dog-pound.net