Rhinoceros Facts and Information
- Rhinoceroses are frequently killed by humans for
their valuable horns, made of keratin (like human hair
- Both African subspecies of the rhinoceros have two
horns, while the Indian and Javan rhinoceroses have
- Rhinoceroses have great hearing and smell, but poor
- Many rhinoceroses live to be over 60 years old.
- Nearly all rhinoceros species are listed as critically
- The white rhinoceros is the second most massive land
animal in the world, along with the Indian rhinoceros
and the hippopotamus.
- The largest white rhinoceros was 10,000 pounds.
- The name of the black rhinoceros was chosen to distinguish
it from the white rhinoceros. However, they have a very
- The Javan Rhino is likely the rarest mammal in the
About the Author
Jacob Maddox manages content for Wildlife Animals http://www.wildlife-animals.com
an educational wildlife and animal website. Jacob also
guest writes for Dog Pound http://www.dog-pound.net